Wednesday 29 June 2011

Baumgartlinger agrees Mainz move


Baumgartlinger agrees Mainz move
Mainz have signed Austria international Julian Baumgartlinger, subject to a medical.
The 23-year-old midfielder has agreed a four-year deal at the Coface Arena and will join on an undisclosed fee from Austria Vienna.
Salzburg-born Baumgartlinger has won 13 caps for his country and coach Thomas Tuchel was happy to have him on board.
"Julian Baumgartlinger is a perfect fit for us," he said on www.mainz05.de.
"He is a central midfielder and has impressed us with his power, his aggressiveness and willingness to run. He also has a good strategic game and will raise the skill levels within the team."
Baumgartlinger is confident he has made the right decision to try his luck in the German Bundesliga.
"I am very grateful for the stage Austria Vienna have given me over the past two years but this is a very important step forward for me and I am aiming to take my chance in Mainz," he said.
"Mainz have impressed me recently and I am looking forward to the challenge."
Mainz finished fifth in the 2010/11 Bundesliga and will play in the Europa League next season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Visitors

free counters

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP