Tuesday 28 June 2011

Contador happy at second

Cycling: Contador happy at second
Alberto Contador finished second in the Spanish national road race on Sunday in his final warm-up event before next month's Tour de France.
The reigning Tour de France champion was beaten in a sprint finish by Movistar's Jose Joaquin Rojas, who claimed victory in the 123-mile race in a time of five hours one minute and 25 seconds.
Contador, who also picked up a bronze medal in Friday's time trial, said: "I'm very happy with the result and perhaps more with the great work of my team, who with only three riders gave me a good position to attack.
"It's not a race that is my speciality nor a course that best suits my characteristics, but I'm happy because it seems that my legs are improving little by little."
Contador, who took a three-week break after winning his second Giro d'Italia title last month before returning to action, preferred not to draw any conclusions about his form for the Tour de France.
He said: "It wasn't a very hard climb, although it was very hot and we'd done 123 miles which is also hard, but we'll see how my performance and fitness is in the Tour.
"We need to wait, it's still an unknown quantity, especially as since the Giro I've focused on resting and now will do the same again until the start of the Tour."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Visitors

free counters

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP