Tuesday 28 June 2011

Dani Pedrosa to return at Italian GP


 Dani Pedrosa to return at Italian GP
Repsol Honda have confirmed that Dani Pedrosa will return from his broken collarbone at this weekend's Italian Grand Prix.
Pedrosa has missed the last three races in Catalunya, Britain and Holland after suffering the injury in a fall at the French Grand Prix in May, where he crashed after a coming together with Marco Simoncelli, and his comeback was delayed when he required a second operation on the problem to fix a dislodged fragment of bone.
The Spaniard had been in the mix for title glory after starting the season impressively, but his absence has proved costly with team-mate Casey Stoner taking two wins and a second place in the intervening period.
That has left the 25-year-old 75 points adrift of his Australian colleague in sixth place but despite his title dreams being effectively over, Pedrosa is looking forward to getting back to racing as the MotoGP circus heads to the sweeping curves of the Mugello circuit in Tuscany.
He said: After missing three races, I'm happy to be back in Mugello. During this period I've been very focused on my recovery and after the second operation I have improved a lot.
"I'm really looking forward to riding the bike, getting into the groove again and to be as competitive as I was before the injury.
"It's been difficult being out of competition, but that was the situation and I couldn't do more.
"I have been in contact with my team during this time and I know they also look forward to getting back to normal. Together we will work to regain the highest level and fight to win races again.
"Mugello is a difficult circuit, very technical and demanding, and I know it will not be easy for us, but last year we scored our first win of the season there and we would like to get a good result".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Visitors

free counters

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP