Wednesday 6 July 2011

Neymar now wants Santos stay

Neymar now wants Santos stay
Real Madrid target Neymar has committed himself to Santos for at least one more season.
Real had reportedly opened up negotiations for Neymar with the Copa Libertadores champions earlier in the week but it now appears the player has his heart set on staying in Brazil.
Neymar is currently away on international duty with the Brazilian national team at Copa America.
"I want to stay at Santos. I am focused on the national team. I do not know anything about what is happening in Brazil or outside here," Neymar said at a press conference.
"I have not talked to my father or my agent. They are handling things, but I do not know anything. My wish is to play the Club World Cup for Santos."
Santos president Luis Oliveira had earlier revealed that Madrid were among five European clubs which contacted him over the highly rated 19-year-old.
"We are interested in pleasing Neymar and we will offer him whatever is necessary for him to stay in Brazil and not go to Europe," Oliveira told La Sexta.
"Five club presidents who want to sign him and offer him a lot of money have contacted me but when the 2014 World Cup arrives, he will be here.
"[Real Madrid president] Florentino Perez is one of those who have called me, but if he had not done that, he would be a president with no vision for football."
Top European clubs Chelsea and Barcelona are also understood to be monitoring the player.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Visitors

free counters

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP