Tuesday 5 July 2011

Edwards to race at Silverstone

Edwards to race at Silverstone
Tech 3 Yamaha have confirmed that Colin Edwards will take part in this weekend's British Grand Prix despite suffering a broken collarbone in Catalunya.
The 37-year-old American fell in practice in Barcelona last Friday, landing on his shoulder, and was forced to miss a race for the first time since joining the top class in 2003, ending a run of 141 successive starts.
Two-time World Superbike champion Edwards had a plate and 13 screws inserted into his shoulder in a three-hour operation on Saturday and has now been passed fit for this Sunday's race at Silverstone having been given the all-clear by circuit medical staff.
Edwards said: "I was confident I would get through the medical and now I'm just looking forward to the weekend and being back on track with the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team.
"The shoulder feels fantastic and I can't thank Dr Xavier Mir and his staff enough because without them I wouldn't be in a position to even consider riding.
"I know it is not going to be an easy weekend because there are some fast changes of direction and hard braking at Silverstone, but I'm confident I can do a good job and bring home some points for the team."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Visitors

free counters

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP